2019 Workplace Survey Results
Finding the right balance of open office, private office and collaboration spaces in a workplace can be a daunting task for a leadership team. You want to be sure that this investment is the right decision for current employees, as well as draws in top talent for years to come. So, how should your company start to understand the concepts to bring into your renovation or new space?
Gensler Research Institute distributes a yearly workplace survey to more than 6,000 U.S. office workers across various industries and demographics to provide new insight into not only what makes an effective workplace, but the investments companies can make to improve employees’ workplace experience and performance.
Here are our top 5 findings from this year’s survey:
- Only a fraction of people would prefer working in a totally open or a totally private environment; over two-thirds (77 percent) consider environments that fall between these extremes to be ideal.
- People with a great experience are four times more likely to be in balanced environments—those that prioritize both focus and collaboration.
- People see a workplace that promotes team building and collaboration as the most important aspect of a great workplace.
- Workplaces that provide variety of amenities and encourage in-office mobility have higher effectiveness and experience scores.
- Creating a great workplace experience requires aligning space, culture, interaction, and behavior.
Saxton is a commercial interior strategy company that believes Space Matters. For over 40 years, we’ve been studying the impact interior space has on desired outcomes. We use an outcomes-focused planning process, best-value procurement system and seamless project execution to create interiors that deliver successful results.
Saxton is owned and operated by President Kim Augspurger and is a Targeted Small Business, Women Minority Owned in the State of Iowa, as well as certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise